Company - Day One
207 13th St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Indie record label Day One (www.thisisdayone.com) is looking for an Audio Engineer and Music Producer intern for our Atlanta operations and our main artist, Shah. Shah was just crowned Top New Artist of SXSW 2018, Complex Magazine called him Trap's Newest Star, he was listed as one of the top 10 new artists of 2017, the top 5 breakthrough Atlanta rappers of 2017, and his video for his latest single Just Text was ranked one of the top 5 hottest Atlanta music videos of 2017. Greg Street and DJ Swamp Izzo world premiered the track on V103 and the music is playing in heavy rotation at Magic City and clubs around Atlanta. You can see his acclaimed music video series here: www.youtube.com/DayofShah.
As Audio Engineer and Producer intern, you will work closely with our teams in Atlanta, Toronto, NY, and LA. This opportunity is for candidates who embrace challenges and hard work. This is an opportunity to develop and utilize practical skills and contribute meaningfully. If you're passionate about hip hop, dedicated, and interested in working for an independent label, please send us a copy of your resumé and cover letter. Social media info is also welcome.
Day One's goal is for all interns to have a valuable experience and we specifically aim for each internship to lead to either a long-term position with Day One, or employment elsewhere in the field you are passionate about. Shah and Day One understand that many employers unfairly require candidates to have internships on their resumes just to get hired. Shah understands not everyone is in a privileged enough position to be able to work long hours without being paid. We have a separate stream of online and social media internship opportunities for these sorts of candidates requiring experience for their resumés. Academic credit is also available. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Run recording sessions and mixing at home studio
- Assist in-house engineer in recording and mixing opportunities
- Remix Shah's current music with songs by other artists
- Remix Shah's current music with other instrumentals
- Previous experience in audio engineering and music production
- Experience in and understanding of rap/hip hop music
- An ear and appreciation for current pop and emerging rap/hip hop
- Experience in instrumental beat production
- Access to and proficient in Protools or Logic
- Must be independently able to find BMP and key of song